Sunday, December 23, 2012

Week One of Half Marathon Training

Unfortunately, Week 1 of my half marathon training did not really happen.  Owen & Lindy both came down with a stomach bug on the 14th (a Friday).  They were sick for 4 days, and Owen took a few mare days after that to really get back to normal.  I was sick with the bug from Sunday - Wednesday.  The stomach bug knocked us all out pretty good, and left us all scrambling to get everything prepared for Christmas.  This meant I only got 1 run in for the whole week.  Luckily, I've built in two extra weeks to my training plan just for occasions like this.  I am a little scared that I used up one of my extra weeks so early, but this is life.

My one run this week was a 3.5 mile run this morning.  It was decent enough weather, and I actually got to run at 8:00 am (instead of my usual 5:00 am runs).  I was pretty dehydrated still from my stomach bug so I was moving pretty slow.  I had also noticed some tightness in my right hip earlier this week.  I think it stems from holding my daughter while walking around the house.  I think doing some stretching this week should help resolve this issue, but it made my run today a little harder then it needed to be.

Next week's training looks like this:
Monday, 12/24/12 - 3 mile run
Tuesday, 12/25/12 - Rest
Wednesday, 12/26/12 - Weight Training
Thursday, 12/27/12 - Interval Run (total of 3 miles)
Friday, 12/28/12 - Weight Training
Saturday, 12/29/12 - Rest or Possible Run with Ryan & the kids (2.5 miles)
Sunday, 12/30/12 - Long Run (total of 5 miles)

I am optimistic about my training this week, even through I will have a lot of Christmas festivities to contend with.  I just need to stay focused, and remember that every workout will make me that much more prepared for my race.  

No comments:

Post a Comment