Thursday, September 29, 2011

Menu

Ryan and I have started planning our dinner menus for 2 weeks.  We've started doing this because life is a little crazy now, and if we don't have a plan at the grocery store we just buy random things and eat taco salad or grilled chicken all week.  This also really helps with my weight loss efforts because I can pre-track my food for the day since I know what I'll be eating for dinner in the morning, and I can plan my day accordingly.  We've been trying to put at least one new recipe in each round and two meatless recipes.  We only plan 12 meal for a 2 week period because we know we'll probably eat with friends at least once and have pizza on one evening.  Here is our menu for this two weeks:

Tuna Steaks (w/ couscous & frozen green beans)

Barbeque Chicken Thighs (w/ cream cheese corn & Rice-a-roni)

Porcupine Meatballs (w/ brown rice & broccoli)

Meatloaf (w/ garlic mashers & canned green beans)

Vegetable & Cheese Quiche (w/ salad)

Butternut Squash Bread Pudding

Baked Potatoes w/ Sausage and Arugula Sauce (link posted below)

Chicken Divan

Steak (w/ baked potatoes & grilled Portabello mushrooms)

Spaghetti w/ marinara

Pesto Pasta w/ grilled chicken breasts

Marinated chicken breasts (w/ Roasted red potatoes & sauteed green beans)

We had the Baked Potatoes w/ Sausage and Arugula Sauce recipe the other night.  It was a new recipe for us and turned out really well.  I used low-fat cream cheese instead of Marscapone cheese.  I'm sure it would be even more delicious with Marscapone cheese.  Here is the link to that recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/baked-potatoes-with-sausage-and-arugula-sauce-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment