Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Let the training begin!

I have started training for a 5K that is at the end of October.  I'm doing this to help me get rid of some of baby weight.  I put on a little more then I wanted to, but when you're pregnant with twins you are always worried about them arriving early and being very tiny, so I ate a ton of meals and snacks loaded with protien while pregnant thinking this would hep bulk up my babies.  (protien shakes, peanut butter, meat, meat, and more meat)  I think this may have caused the weight gain not to mention all the foods loaded with calcium like string cheese, yogurt and ICE CREAM!!!  Anyway, I am not happy with my body at the current moment so I am starting to run and am back on Weight Watchers.  I'm doing the "From Couch to 5K" program, and am in my 3rd week of training.  I am enjoying the time I get to spend with Owen, Lindy, and Marlee (the wonder dog).  The picture below is not of me running, but it is of me with my running crew, and you can see the enourmous stroller I push while I jog. 


Happy jogging!!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it!!!!!!!!! My sister is also doing C25K. Maybe I should think about doing it as well...

    Please share progress! Love to hear about you and the babies! (LisaK)

    ReplyDelete