Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Good Weekend

It was a wonderful weekend.  Ryan and I got to drop the kiddos off at Aunt Amy's house on Friday night, and they stayed there until Sunday afternoon.  While they were away having fun, we got to go see our friends Alec & Lacey, and they're brand new baby Hudson.  It was great to see them and just get to focus on them, (no kids to fuss over).  On Saturday, Ryan and I had a cook-a-thon.  We cooked and froze 6 different meals (each meal made anywhere from 2 - 6 dinners for us).  This will be so helpful as we get into the holiday season.  We then got to hangout with Brandon & Trudi (my brother & sister in-law).  We actually got to go out to a bar and had a grand old time.  

I think one of the best parts of the weekend was that I actually was away from my kiddos long enough to miss them.  I have been having a really hard time these days being a patient Mama.  I feel as though the terrible twos may have struck early at our house, and it seems like when I get home from work every night all the kids do is complain & whine until they go to bed.  This is so extremely frustrating because everyday I am so excited to see them, and once I walk in the door the crying, screaming, and fussing begins.  This weekend gave me a lot of time to reflect and realize how lucky I really am to have these two amazing kids.  This raising kids thing is hard, and I think it's important to take some time for myself just so I can remember how lucky I really am and how much I really do enjoy my kids.  It has to get easier as they begin to communicate more so for now I just have to remember to be present in the moment I am in now and try to soak in everything that life may hand me.  The good, the bad, the whiny, the stinky & the funny.  

2 comments:

  1. You are so right. Raising kids is sometimes just plain hard. I am a big proponent of time for momma away from kiddos to rest a regain perspective. And, for mom and dad to have time for each other in an uninterrupted fashion. Yay for a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for perspective!! Sometimes I feel guilty about how hard I think it is...maybe not guilty, but, like maybe I'm supposed to think it is easier. Like that makes you a better mom or something?!?! Anyway, I am glad that you had fun. And I'm jealous that you got to go to a bar. Oooohhh.

    ReplyDelete