Saturday, October 29, 2011

My First 5k

Well, I did it!  Last weekend I ran my first 5k.  I did it in 39 minutes and 19 seconds, which means I was running about a 13 minute mile.  Ryan got some pics of me running.  They're not the greatest pictures because I was running so fast that I was hard to catch. 

The first picture is of me starting the race.  As you can see it was a Halloween themed race.  There were a lot of people dressed up like zombies.  I didn't dress up because I was really concentrated on finishing the race.  I am to the right of this picture dressed in a pink shirt, black pants and blue hat.


This is my only close up picture.  My head is chopped off, but you can see my awesome running form. 


This is me at the very end of the 5k.  I was almost crying because I was so excited to be done and so proud of myself.

So now I think I'm hooked.  I've got a race planned for every month up until May.  I plan to run an 8k (about 5 miles) at the end of April.  We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Did you do a November 10K. I'm so proud of you. Never thought you'd be a hiker and runner.

    Can't wait to meet the twins. I've loved seeing their pictures.

    ReplyDelete